Engineered to last: Robust, high performance, rupture disc solution.
The KUB® is the only rupture disc to be manufactured using Euler's critical load formula to determine the burst pressure, creating the most robust, high-performance rupture disc available. Unlike other rupture disc solutions where a weak point is created in the metal, the KUB® is a unique, highly engineered solution, benefiting from a series of buckling pins which accurately collapse for reliable, full bore, opening. As there is no specific weak point on the rupture disc, the KUB® is an extremely robust solution, almost immune to damage by incorrect handling, improper installation or even being dropped! This maximises the lifespan of the disc and minimises long-term investment by lowering ongoing replacement costs. The KUB® features a two-layer design, with the smooth, unblemished surface of the sealing membrane facing the process minimising the possibility of damage due to corrosion.
Boasting a 98% operating ratio, the KUB® is not subject to fatigue even at higher operating pressures* and in the most demanding of process conditions in vapour, gas, liquid or two-phase applications. Unlike many other reverse acting discs, the unique construction of the KUB® makes it fully compatible with liquid-only applications, maximising installation points which can benefit from this rupture disc, simplifying customers' installation, maintenance and purchasing routines.
* Depending on the specific application.
Automated processes use intelligent signalling systems to keep you informed at all times about the status of your entire plant and any faults that may arise. You can even install signalling devices for rupture discs that have already been installed.
rupture disc holder
REMBE® guarantees you a perfect installation and optimal function of your bursting disc. Due to the special design of the various REMBE® rupture disc holders, incorrect installation of the associated rupture disc is impossible.
Extend safety valve lifespan.
Suitable for full vacuum and back pressure resistant, the KUB® with its non-fragmenting design can be installed upstream of a safety valve to isolate the valve from the process. When used in combination, the KUB® will ensure the best possible condition of the safety valve, significantly extending service intervals and overall life of the valve while maximising return on investment. The leak-tight design prevents emissions and the associated costs whilst protecting the safety valve from corrosive, aggressive or adhesive media allowing for the use of safety valves in more cost-effective materials. The special KUB® V series rupture disc allows for in-situ testing of the safety valve.
Inspect and reinstall with ease.
Simple to install, the KUB® is also extremely easy to remove and reinstall during routine cleaning or maintenance checks without concerns of damaging the disc. Installed into an IG-KUB® Holder, the KUB® is a torque-independent design which uses a leak-tight, metal-on-metal seal, which allows the rupture disc to be reinstalled and used safely after inspection. REMBE®'s torque independent designs are resistant to damage caused during installation which increases the ability to get the process back up and running as quickly as possible without concerns that the burst pressure may have been affected. With no special installation tools required, the KUB® provides fast, simple installation with accurate pressure relief for minimal downtime. With one of the widest burst pressure and size ranges for a reverse acting rupture disc (20 mm to 800 mm) the KUB® is the ideal solution for a wide range of challenging industrial processes. The broad pressure range allows many different processes to be equipped with just this one type of rupture disc. Only one holder system is required for all REMBE® reverse acting rupture discs. If the process conditions change in future, e.g. the burst pressure, only the rupture disc needs to be replaced. Used together with REMBE®'s reusable NIMU detection system for a full rupture disc assembly, ensuring reliable notification in the event of disc burst.
- Unique buckling pin element – creates the most robust rupture disc design available.
- Reinstall and reuse with ease after inspection – guarantees maximum lifespan of one rupture disc, reducing spares costs.
- Torque independent burst pressure.
- Virtually immune to damage during installation, transport or storage – maximises process uptime and unnecessary replacement costs.
- Extend safety valve lifespan – robust design protects valves from process media, reducing corrosion risk and maximising overall investment.
- Widest size and burst pressure range in a single reverse acting disc – one-disc type suitable for a wide range of process conditions, improving purchasing, inspection and maintenance routines.
- Compatible with liquid-only applications – maximises installation points where the benefits of this technology can be achieved.
- Best feature: KUB® clean is simple to install in existing tri-clamp flange systems. It complies with all hygienic design requirements and is suitable for CIP and SIP applications. The unique construction of the KUB® with its totally smooth sealing membrane means that the rupture disc has no score lines, indentations or notches on the process side eliminating trapped product residues during production or cleaning cycles. The design of the KUB® clean together with the integrated gasket and direct installation into tri-clamp connectors results in a simple and extremely hygienic solution.
- For burst pressures of up to 1 barg, the KUB® F can be installed directly between flanges in a variety of applications. This makes it ideal for applications in which reliability and a precise design pressure in the low pressure range are essential.
- The KUB® V rupture disc protects safety valves against corrosive solids or adhesive media and is installed upstream of the safety valve inlet. It is certified to resist a back pressure of 135 %* of the defined burst pressure and thus enables you to test safety valves in-situ without having to remove the valve for servicing.
* Depending on the specific application.
- chemical industry
- chemical reactors
- cryogenic applications
- cryostats + transport containers
- desalination plants
- distillation towers
- flare stacks
- food production
- FPSO applications
- gas compressor modules
- gas turbines for power generation
- gas-tight pressure vessels
- geothermal energy
- hazardous goods containers
- heat exchangers
- intermodal containers for corrosive / aggressive media
- isolation of safety valves
- LDPE (thermoplastic)
- oil and gas separation and treatment
- petrochemical plants
- power plants
- process vessels
- reverse osmosis systems
- spray dryers
- sterile tanks / aseptic tanks
- chemical- petrochemical
- oil and gas industry
- pharmaceutical industry
Gas | Steam
Liquid with gas cushion
Two phase flow
The KUB® rupture disc has a robust design and can be removed, inspected, cleaned and reinstalled. Any damage is easy to detect with the naked eye.
Your contact person
I will be happy to advise you about the most suitable rupture discs for your process. Individually, in detail and taking all relevant parameters into account.